Resident Frequently Asked Questions
Common Pre-Lease Questions
- Why should I rent from your company?
- How do I apply to rent?
- Will I sign a lease?
- What is the application process like?
- What happens if something needs to be fixed in the home I'm renting?
- Will I get my deposit back when I move out?
We are a professional, knowledgeable, and courteous property management company. We work very hard to provide the highest quality resident services you'll ever experience.
- We use professional third party vendors (painters, handymen, plumbers, carpet cleaners, etc) to ensure that your home is in good condition. We inspect the work performed to ensure that everything is ready before you move in.
- We are available 24 hours a day to handle emergency maintenance repairs via the online maintenance request form.
- We provide detailed Move-in and Move-out Inventory forms for proper documentation of the condition of your rental. This form gets sent to you along with the lease agreement and an additional copy can be printed from the Resources Tab. It is imperative that you return the form to us within 5 days of your lease start date.
- All deposits that are retained by us are kept in a FDIC insured bank.
- When you receive your lease, usually via email, you can request to have a meeting with your property manager to go over all parts of the lease to help ensure that everyone is aware of their responsibilities under the lease. We want to ensure you understand what you are signing. Do not hesitate to ask questions.
- All our property managers are licensed real estate professionals according to state requirements.
Check out our application guidelines to be sure you qualify, then complete our online application. You will be asked to upload a photo ID, proof of income and pay a $50 NON-Refundable application fee per adult in order to begin the application. The more detailed information you provide will help us to faster process your application. We process one application (or group of applications in the case of more than one adult residing in the home) and try to get you an answer back within 24 business hours.
Yes, all adults over the age of 18 will sign the lease agreement. Most properties you will be a minimum of a 12 month lease that covers our responsibilities to each other throughout your tenancy. Be sure to go over each part of the lease to ensure you understand it prior to signing. Remember to ask questions if needed! After your application is accepted, your deposit will need to be remitted within 48 hours and all parties must sign the lease. Key pick up is an exciting day and we take appointments from 9am - 12pm only on the lease start day. You'll want to contact us in advance for an appointment time.
Once you have picked one of our great homes to apply for, look for the Apply Here button on the home page.
- You must meet C5 Property Management approval of the following in order for your application to be considered. All occupants over the age of eighteen (18) must complete an application and submit an application fee. All adult occupants will be signers on the lease.
- Unrelated applicants must submit separate applications and each qualify on their own. Related residents over the age of 18 may combine income but will still submit separate applications.
- Must completely fill out application, put N/A in areas where not applicable
- Credit will be checked through National Tenant Network. Credit, Rental, Employment and Personal references may be contacted. Previous evictions, unpaid judgments and unpaid rents may not be accepted.
- You must have verifiable income in the amount of three times the monthly rent for a minimum of one year.
- Current and previous Landlords/Mortgage Holders may be contacted.
- Pay application fee for each applicant over 18 years of age
- Not all property owners will accept pets. Please contact our office for pet requirements on specific properties.
Minimum pet deposit is a non refundable $500.00. Not applicable to service animals.
Within 48 hours of notification of my approval, you will be required to:
1. Execute C5 Property Management’s Lease Agreement and associated addendums
2. Pay any and all additional security deposits in certified funds.
All properties are offered subject to the Federal Fair Housing Act which makes it illegal to advertise any preference, limitation, or discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, country of national origin, handicap, or familial status.
When you come across a maintenance problem, please place an online maintenance request under the Tenants tab. Please be very specific about what the problem is so we can send out the right vendor the first time (i.e., CORRECT – the right front burner on the stove does not work; INCORRECT – the stove is not working). We understand that non-working items can be a headache to deal with so we will make every effort to address your concern as quickly as possible. Management will contact a vendor as directed by the owner. You will be contacted by the vendor for an appointment time. You will be responsible for making and keeping all appointments made. No show service calls will be billed to you when applicable.
Yes, the refundable security deposit will be refunded upon an acceptable move out inspection. Upon your move in, you will be given a move in inspection form – also available under the Resources tab. Please take the time to go over this and make any notes or comments being as detailed as possible. As per Lines 273-279, you must return this form within 5 days of your move in. This form is important as it will accompany our inspection and assist us in determining your security deposit refund. Upon vacating, ensure you have done all required items as listed in your lease agreement and Tenant Handbook. This will ensure you receive your deposit back. When you return possession of the home, you will need to include the Key Return Form and provide a Forwarding Address. Once all inspections are complete and any required work has been ordered and completed, we will mail your deposit disposition to your forwarding address within 14 business days of returned possession.